Brightlands Materials Center is an independent research and development center founded by TNO and Province of Limburg (NL).
We develop innovations in polymeric materials driven by application challenges along the business chain. Our programs focus on Additive Manufacturing, Circular Packaging, Lightweight Automotive and Sustainable Buildings.
Our Additive Manufacturing offering includes:
- R&D services on functional 3D printed parts by using reinforced thermoplastic (composites) with short and continuous fibers;
- R&D services on self-sensing of 3D printed thermoplastic composites by means of embedded continuous carbon fibers;
- R&D services on materials for additive manufacturing based on broad experience and track record (photopolymers, thermoplastic pellets, powders and filaments):
- materials and fibers characterization and selection;
- materials interaction and composition development;
- part (re-)design for continuous fibers, modeling of performance;
- 3D printing with short and continuous fibers, processing (broad range of printers available);
- application characterization, mechanical and sensing properties.